A lot of people wonder, “Will I go to hell if I commit suicide?” This is an important topic, with strong opinions on either side of the issue.
Those who think people who kill themselves will go to hell, believe this because a person who kills themselves isn’t trusting God to get them through their difficulties and therefore may not really have faith in God.
Still, there are other people who are convinced that the jury is still out, as God is in the business of forgiving all who ask.
Both of these arguments seem to make sense, so which is it? Part of the mystery is because most people who have experienced hell after a suicide attempt don’t like to talk about it. But one exception to this rule is Tamara Laroux, who when she was a teenager, tried to kill herself by shooting herself in the chest.
Did she go to hell? Yes.
Did she stay there? No.
God in fact rescued her from hell, but to find out the why or how, you’ll have to watch her explain what happened in the YouTube video below. Her story has a twist you won’t expect. However, Tamara’s story certainly sheds a lot of light on the question, “Will I go to hell if I commit suicide?”
So what we’ve learned from Tamara is that hell is real, and sadly, people really do exist in torment there. But it seems God has set up a way to escape hell, in the here and now, that has more to do with God’s grace and forgiveness when it is sought through the sacrifice of Jesus.
If you are reading this article, because you’re considering killing yourself, here are a few rules about God you should know:
- God loves you and does not want you to kill yourself as he has a special plan for your life.
- The enemy (the devil) wants to tempt you with self-inflicted death so that you can’t fulfill God’s plan for your life.
- You can receive God’s grace and the forgiveness of sins (through the work of Jesus who died for your sins) if you only ask him. Click here to learn more about this:
- God will also help you walk through, then eventually walk out of your pain, if you but trust him.
- Don’t allow yourself to become a sacrifice to Satan, especially if you are not sure where you stand with God.
- Choose life – Despite how it seems, God can really take your broken life, no matter how broken it is, and turn it into a miracle.
- Live and dare God to show you what he can do with your life.
This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live. Deuteronomy 30:19, NIV
If you are hurting and need to talk to someone, call a suicide hotline.