Can Faith in God Help the Suicidal?
And people are indeed looking for help from God. Thousands ask, “How can I get God to help me?” on the web, every day.
It seems that many in the scientific community want to make science and medicine the only place to go to get help. And while it is a good idea to seek help from your doctor if you’re depressed, suicidal or have serious issues, please don’t discount the power of God’s love, mercy, and strength in your life. Many people have found that turning to God has made a huge difference in their emotional well-being. In fact, here’s what some of our readers have told us:
- Thirteen-year-old Brittany wrote, “Thank you for explaining God to me. I prayed tonight and asked for forgiveness of sins. I’m so excited; I gave my life to Jesus!”
- Thirty-two-year-old Marie wrote, “Thank God your website is where it is. I was planning to kill myself, but I’ve decided to put my trust in God.”
- Fourteen year old Will writes, “I get taunted at school and decided life was not worth living. But tonight I prayed and gave my life to God.”
- Forty-two-year old John wrote, “My wife left me for another man. It hurt so bad I wanted to die. But now, with God’s help, I’m going to try to walk through my pain.”
- Eleven-year-old Tiffany wrote. “I told my dad I wanted to kill myself but he didn’t believe me. Will you believe me? I just prayed and asked Jesus to forgive me of my sins.
- God bless you and thank you once again for what you do for me every day. I am not exaggerating when I say you have very likely saved my life.I found your site while searching suicide hotline pages. Since then I look forward to reading from you daily. I pray that God blesses you for all you are doing and blesses you again for what you have done JUST for me. Never become discouraged with what you are doing, please. I know that a vast majority of people will gladly accept what you do for them and even be grateful but never say a word in thanks. I am like that too at times and I try not to. On behalf of all of us. — Carl
What are all these people praying to find such relief? To find out, take our survey at: www.GodTest.com
And to read more responses from our guests, click HERE.
And by the way, the research is in; turning to God in stressful, emotional, or even suicidal times can make all the different. It’s the first step in discovering a God who loves you, and asking for his help, strength and guidance to help you make it through your pain. And yes, if you are struggling, please seek help. The medical community or suicide hotlines are wonderful tools and can make a big difference in your recovery. But whatever you do, don’t discount faith in God. Seek God and his help because he cares for you.
Listen to musician Steven Curtis Chapman (who lost his daughter in a tragic accident) answer the question, “Why Jesus?” Then decide the answer to this question for yourself.
If you want to learn more about faith in God, please go to: www.GodTest.com